Office Assistant-Warehouse Assistant (Facilities)
The Facilities Warehouse Office needs YOU! Winter Break, school year, spring break, and summer positions available.
- Full-time position (40 hrs/week) during summer and breaks.
- Part-time position (10-15 hrs/week) during school year.
Hourly wage: $17.27
The Warehouse Assistant supports the Maintenance Stores Warehouse Manager by providing reception services at the warehouse office, stocking supplies, inventory, performing office duties, and driving a university pickup truck around campus and the greater Seattle area to collect tools and materials as requested.
*Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- On campus deliveries & errands to various campus offices.
- Drive university pickup truck to retrieve tools & materials from off-campus vendors.
- Maintain and order warehouse stock and tradesmen material requisitions.
- Keep office & warehouse clean and organized; May include breaking down boxes for recycling; putting stock items away on warehouse shelves; making sure aisle ways and open areas are kept clear of fire hazards, etc.
- Data entry: maintain the order list and payment log for maintenance stores (warehouse) purchases Customer service: general office reception duties such as greeting and assisting vendors; answering the telephone, receiving packages/deliveries.
- Must be able to work summer and at least part of school breaks (Thanksgiving to Christmas, Spring Break).
- Able to work independently and in a team; follow directions; attention to detail Valid driver license and good driving record required.
- Familiarity with Seattle area, including but not limited to: Queen Anne, Fremont, Interbay, Magnolia, West Seattle, Shoreline, Bellevue, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook Initiative, flexibility and good people relational skills.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete and upload to Handshake:
1. Facilities Student Employee Application (word document attached – scroll down to the bottom of this page),
2. Your resume
3. Unofficial transcript
4. Cover letter that also includes your writing sample as page 2
Writing Sample Instructions: Choose two scenarios below and write your response for each.
A) Email to a supply company checking on the status of a refund for a returned defective item.
B) Business memo stating that this year's annual contract for restroom paper products is attached. C) What you would say in a voicemail message to a consultant who has not been reachable via email to schedule an appointment to discuss an issue.
NOTE: Failure to follow all directions in the application submission process will result in automatic disqualification.