Booking Assistant - State Work Study
SUPPORT MUSIC & NONPROFIT EVENTS BY
- Booking opening bands for Abbey Arts presented concerts and other events
- Finding creative ways to promote Abbey Arts mission through curating or co-curating new and unusual music & arts events
PORTFOLIO BUILDING / OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH
- Gain access to industry experts in booking & promotions
- Book shows
- Work with national agents & bands
- Learn how to Advance shows & handle pre-production planning
- Learn how to manage a review with supervisor and in a team environment
- Experience and learn how to work in a fast paced, professional, creative environment
Booking Assistant works with Abbey Director or Lead Sound Techs on specific projects or events, managed by Operations Manager.
- You have experience with indie/acoustic concerts and events (required)
- You are deeply passionate about music.
- You are a self-motivated & energetic people person - comfortable interacting with event staff, volunteers and musicians.
- You love finding the next new awesome band before anyone else
- You love managing several projects and tasks at the same time.
PAY RATE $13-18/hr
*This position is intended for State Work Study students only* If SPU student unsure of eligibility, please email email@example.com.