Part-Time Afternoon Assistant Teacher - State Work Study
Working with the lead teacher and other support teachers to meet the health, safety, and developmental needs of children in their care.
Supporting the lead teacher in carrying out the daily classroom routine and activities.
1. Relate to children with nurturance and respect, constantly facilitating the development of
positive self-esteem and a positive self-identity.
2. Use positive discipline techniques that encourage self-control and teach natural consequences,
consistent with Kidspace policies.
3. Follow Kidspace guidelines for talking to children, keeping in mind that one of the most
important aspects of our approach is communicating with respect.
4. Carry out all policies according to Kidspace educational philosophy, licensing regulations, and
relevant in-house Handbooks.
5. Assist the lead teacher and other support teachers in planning and implementing the daily
schedule and routines for children in the classroom.
6. Assist the lead teacher in planning and implementing daily activities that are developmentally
appropriate, culturally sensitive, follow an anti-bias perspective, and meet children’s
7. Assist the lead teacher and other support teachers in preparing and gathering materials
required to implement daily curriculum activities.
8. Maintain vigilant communication with the lead teacher and with the director when appropriate,
keeping them informed of significant happenings in the classroom and in the program.
9. Help keep the classroom organized, clean, and safe according to licensing regulations and
health and safety procedures.
10. Keep personal information regarding children and their families confidential.
11. Some classrooms do require diaper changes. MUST be willing to do this as part of the position.
*If SPU student and unsure of State Work Study eligibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org*