Lab Aide (Work Study), Augmented Reality
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
The Brent Lab is part of the Basic Sciences Division at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. Work in this Division spans a wide range of basic research projects, and the Division is an exceptionally active and interactive scientific environment that offers high quality scientific education to students immersed in its activities.
Ideal candidates will be available for 19 hours per week and be eligible for state or federal work study. Schedule can vary depending on class or other work schedule.
The Brent lab is seeking a work study student from Bio-Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field, to help develop UI/UX and content for Augmented Reality (AR) guidance in lab procedures. The lab aide will contribute to a larger project to use AR to aid biomedical research and design.
- Currently enrolled as undergraduate or graduate student in a four-year university pursuing a degree Bioengineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related fields.
- Have current work-study eligibility.
- Flexibility and able to work independently without supervision.
- Literacy in command line Ubuntu Linux and other Linux, literate in or able to learn Windows 10, familiar with image editing, and familiar with JSON.
- The incumbent ideally should possess the skills on how to read and write scientific protocols that can be implemented into various AR protocols.
- Clean design sense and familiarity with Unity 3D.
- Computer skills using programs such as PYTHON or MATLAB.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.