Lab Aide (Work Study)
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
The Lund Laboratory is recruiting a work-study student to assist with basic laboratory maintenance. This may include:
- Provide basic support to the laboratory
- Assist with murine colony
- Assist with genotyping/PCR
- Stock lab products
- Autoclave and remove biohazard trash
- Prepare reagents
- Perform general lab maintenance/upkeep
- Assist with set-up of experiments and work with biohazardous materials, HIV and HSV
- Perform other duties as assigned
Off-Campus Work Study authorization is required for this position. All students must provide a Financial Aid Award Letter or an Authorization to work off-campus to verify their eligibility if selected for this position.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Currently enrolled in college.
- No previous experience is necessary.
- Knowledge of computer usage (especially use of spreadsheets and databases) is highly desirable.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.