University of Washington Summer Youth Program Group Leader
Work on campus with the UW's summer enrichment program for youth in grades 1-8. Group Leaders are our front line and direct link to students and parents. Group Leaders are responsible for the safety and supervision of youth and participate in daily activities.
• Attend mandatory staff orientation and complete any required training
• Supervise groups of children/teens in different locations on the UW campus
• Checking students in and out each day
• Assist classroom instructors with a variety of learning activities, materials and projects
• Supervise during indoor and outdoor breaks and the lunch period
• Notify the program staff of problems and make recommendations to improve the student experience
• Assist in the set up and break down of camp/classes
• Foster a sense of community within the group and seek ways to include all students in activities
• Carry out all duties assigned by Campus Coordinators and Program Director/Administrator
• Experience working with groups of children or teens in formal and informal learning settings
• Ability to be responsible for the safety and well-being of students
• Experience supporting children or teens of differing abilities, motivational levels and learning styles
• CPR/First Aid certified by June 2019.