UW Summer Youth Program Campus Coordinator
Campus Coordinators support UW's summer enrichment program serving children and teens. Coordinators serve as the face of the program to students, parents, and staff as well as for visitors and the UW community at-large. Coordinators work in conjunction with SYP Director and Program Administrators maintaining the daily operations of the program. Coordinators must be able to work under pressure and tight timelines, track complex operations and have demonstrated skill in program administration.
• Supervision of group leaders, teaching assistants and volunteers
• Facilitate daily communication with students, group leaders, instructors, teaching assistants, program administration, volunteers and parents.
• Work effectively in program’s online registration system, running reports, creating rosters, newsletters, using various templates
• Communicate with parents and instructors by phone and email.
• Schedule and coordinate on-campus field trips
• Manage and oversee SYP’s attendance procedures
• Oversee student discipline as needed
• Conduct/participate in training sessions and staff meetings
• Make recommendations regarding the purchasing of supplies and other materials as needed
• Supervise the daily cleanup and storing of materials
• Serve as liaison to instructors
• Other duties as assigned
• BA in education, social work, school psychology, or related field
• Must be CPR/First Aid certified by June 2019
• Experience managing staff and volunteers
• Experience working with youth (e.g. schools, camps, afterschool programs, sports, etc.)
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and deal firmly and fairly with issues that arise
• MEd, MA, MSW preferred.