Math Tutor - State Work Study Optional
Do you love math? Do you enjoy working with kids?
Mathnasium of Northwest Seattle is seeking Math Tutors to help students in grades 2-12 catch up, keep up and get ahead in math. We are conveniently located on NW Market Street in Ballard and offer part-time positions with flexible hours. The Mathnasium learning center environment is positive and encouraging; applicants should love teaching and be able to motivate students toward success and confidence in math.
- Provide effective math instruction
- Engage in initial and ongoing training
- Assist in tracking the progress of each student
- Complete administrative tasks as needed
- Contribute to an engaging team and productive learning environment
- Excellent math skills through Algebra I and Geometry
- Strong teamwork, communication and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to professionally interact with students and parents
- Energetic, patient and confident personality
- Available to work from 3 p.m.-7 p.m. on at least 2 weekdays from Monday to Thursday, and occasionally on Saturdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Ability to teach students in upper-level high school math courses (Preferred)
- Previous teaching experience or other experience working with students (Preferred)
Reply with resume and cover letter that includes details about your math competency, experience teaching or working with students, and availability.
Email to: email@example.com
More information about Mathnasium: http://www.mathnasium.com/northwestseattle
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: Starts at $16.00/hour with opportunities for merit-based increases
*State Work Study and Non-Study Work Study Students Encouraged to Apply*