Unicom Assistant Application 2019-2020
Purpose of Unicom: To serve as an information center that meets the needs of the campus community and visitors to Seattle Pacific University by centralizing student services and the dissemination of information.
Who is Unicom?: Unicom is made up of about 10 current SPU undergraduate students. Unicom is hired and supervised by the Campus Program Coordinator for Student Union Programming within the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership.
What does Unicom do?: Unicom provides essential services to the student body of Seattle Pacific University, such as issuing the ASSP-subsidized bus and swim passes, welcoming visitors, handling laundry and vending machine refunds, renting commuter lockers, and managing the campus lost -and-found. In addition, Unicom provides general building management for the first floor of the SUB, approves event posters, provides information on campus events, schedules vendor or informational tables in the Student Union Building, and sells tickets for ASSP-sponsored events.
Unicom Staff Position Description: The Unicom staff will represent the University with efficient service, integrity, and maturity in their interactions with all students and guests. Futhermore, the Unicom staff will demonstrate superior customer service skills and genuine connection in their interactions with all students and guests.
Unicom Staff Essential Responsibilities:
- Maintain opening and closing procedures and policies of the Student Union Building
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings, and evaluations
- Assist in maintaining SPU's Lost and Found
- Checkout commuter lockers to SPU's undergraduate student body
- Approve posters for the SUB, Weter Lounge, and Gwinn Commons
- Cover missed or emergency shifts as needed
- Provide refunds for campus laundry and vending machines
- Accurately track bus and pool pass check-ins and checkouts
- Oversee ticket sales for ASSP, STUB, and club events
- Answer the front desk phone
- Provide general campus information and directions
- Check-in and oversee vendor tables in the Student Union Building Lobby
- Enforce university policies regarding the use of campus spaces and publicity
- Abide by all SPU lifestyle expectations. See the Student Handbook for more details
- Returning SPU student of exceptional character and competence
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Working sense and practice of conflict resolution
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Customer service experience
- Maintain a minimum quarterly 2.75 GPA
If you have any questions, please direct them to Alli Bautista, Campus Program Coordinator for the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is the link to the online application posted on Orgsync: https://orgsync.com/145028/forms/357119
Please log into your student account using your SPU credentials before filling out the application.
Note that your materials also need to include a reference form that is posted to the online Orgsync application.